Are You Raising a People Pleaser? – 037
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Are you raising a people-pleaser?
Do you suffer from the “disease to please?”
While it may seem easier to have a child who’s always agreeable, has a strong desire to be liked, and goes out of his or her way to please you, the long-term consequences of people pleasing can be detrimental.
Join me for today’s episode, where I talk about the damaging effects of people-pleasing, how you can help your child avoid the habit, and how to break it for yourself.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- What people-pleasing is and why kids (and adults) do it.
- Why you don’t want to raise your child to be a people-pleaser.
- The effects of people-pleasing on mental health.
- What you can do to help yourself and your child avoid the habit of people-pleasing.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 013 – How to Say No
- Episode 034 – Is Your Child’s Behavior Normal?
- Episode 036 – Emotional Adulthood
- Anxious to Please by Craig English
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes