Your Child’s Core Emotional Needs, Part Three: Competence – 058
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Today, we’re wrapping up the three-part series about your child’s core emotional needs.
In part one, I talked about your kids’ need for connection. Part two was all about giving your kids more control over their lives and why it’s so challenging to do.
Part three is about the third need, competence; the ability to do things successfully or efficiently.
When all three of these core needs (connection, control, and competence) are being satisfied, you have the recipe for a well-adjusted, intrinsically motivated, and resilient child.
You don’t want to miss this one!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- The signs that your child’s need for competence isn’t being satisfied.
- How providing structure builds competence.
- What you might unknowingly be doing to squelch your child’s competence.
- The difference between process-oriented and results-oriented parents.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 057 – Your Child’s Core Emotional Needs, Part Two: Control
- Episode 056 – Your Child’s Core Emotional Needs, Part One: Connection
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes