Your Child’s Core Emotional Needs, Part One: Connection – 056
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
According to the Self-Determination Theory of Motivation, all humans have three innate psychological needs.
Over the next three episodes, I’ll explain each of these core needs and why they’re important.
I’ll also address how to know when your child’s needs aren’t being met and share strategies for how to nurture and support them.
Join me for today’s episode where I talk about the first core need: Connection.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- The difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
- The psychological theories of self-determination and attachment.
- Why kids need to feel connected and how to tell when they don’t.
- How to support and help your child satisfy his need for connection.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 042 – How to Stop Beating Yourself Up
- Self-Determination Theory by Edward Deci and Richard Ryan
- A Secure Base by John Bowlby
- Patterns of Attachment by Mary Ainsworth
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes