Disabling Your Labeling – 065
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
How did people describe you as a kid?
Were you “the shy one,” “the sensitive one” or “the wild one?”
Were you “athletic,” “nerdy,” or “gifted?”
Now your kids are being labeled, too — by you, their teachers, and their peers.
Join me for this episode, as I share how labels impact kids, and how they shape the way you (and others) interact with them.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- Why your brain likes to categorize things (including people).
- Why seemingly innocent or positive labels can burden kids as much as negative ones.
- One way to change your language that gives kids more freedom to evolve.
- How labels can impact self-concept and sibling relationships.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 064 – Your Evidence File
- Scream Free Parenting by Hal Runkel
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes