Disarming Your Defenses – 079
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Your brain is designed to protect you from painful thoughts and emotions by keeping them out of your conscious awareness.
Sigmund Freud first identified nine psychological defense mechanisms, also called ego defenses, and many psychoanalysts have added more over time.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- What defense mechanisms are and why you have them.
- 4 of the defenses I see most often in my clients and examples of each.
- What to do the next time you find yourself feeling defensive to ‘disarm’ your defenses.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Sign up for the free class: How to Get Your Kids to Listen Without Yelling at Them
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast here.
- Leave a review in Apple Podcasts