Helping Kids Adjust to Change – 198
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
From small transitions, like waking up in the morning, to bigger ones like going back and forth between two parents’ homes, kids deal with lots of changes every day.
While change can be difficult for adults, it can be even more stressful for kids because they haven’t yet developed the cognitive, emotional, and executive functioning skills required to handle it.
Even though we often resist it, change is inevitable. Tune into this episode and find out how you can help your kids learn the skills needed to get through it, and maybe even embrace it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- Why change is so challenging for kids
- How your responses play a part in how they adapt
- Steps to help ease changes, get your kids ready for them, and minimize meltdowns
- Strategies for making transitions easier in the moment
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 191 – Understanding Temperament
- Episode 164 – Proactive Parenting
- Subscribe to get email updates on webinars, workshops, and special offers HERE.
- Leave a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Follow Less Drama More Mama on Facebook and Instagram.
- Request your FREE coaching consultation with Pam HERE.
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast HERE.