Helping Kids Manage Their Emotions – 033
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Do you ever feel stuck when it comes to helping your kids manage big emotions?
Do you have a hard time helping them because your own emotions and reactions get in the way?
In today's episode, I share why it can be so challenging to help your kids when they experience negative emotions, how you can connect with them when emotions run high, and how to help increase their EQ (emotional quotient).
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- Why feeling and showing empathy for your child can feel unnatural at times.
- The best way to connect with your child when he's emotional.
- One of the most important tools you can learn as a parent.
- The significance of “emotional intelligence.”
- Tons of examples of what to say (and not say) when validating your kids' feelings.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Episode 011 – How to Feel a Feeling
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes