How to Stop Beating Yourself Up – 042
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Most of us would never speak to our best friends the way we speak to ourselves.
When we make a mistake or act in a way we regret, we mentally beat ourselves up with harsh, negative self-talk.
Our brains think that this kind of self-punishment is somehow protective and helpful.
In this episode, I explain why we beat ourselves up, why it’s counterproductive, and the process for how to stop doing it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- The reason you beat yourself up — even when you tell yourself you should stop.
- How beating yourself up compounds your problems.
- How to stop thinking self-defeating thoughts.
- Why changing your thought patterns can be so hard.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 35 – Consequences with Love
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes