Sorry, Not Sorry: Kids and Apologies – 061
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
If you want your kids to take responsibility for their actions, handle mistakes with grace, and apologize with sincerity, this episode is for you.
Many parents force their kids to apologize when they’ve made a mistake, rather than help them learn from it and understand another person’s point of view.
Join me for this episode, where I talk about how to help your kids make amends after they’ve made a mistake, and how to model a genuine apology.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- Why it’s difficult for many people to say “I’m sorry.”
- How apologizing to your kids can build your authority and influence.
- Why forcing kids to apologize is ineffective.
- How to model apologies for your kids.
- How to help your kids learn empathy and apologize sincerely.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 058: Your Child’s Core Emotional Needs, Part Three: Competence
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes