Teaching Kids Values – 173
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Every parent – whether they realize it or not – has ideas about the kinds of adults they hope their kids will become.
And although we can’t control the choices our kids make as they get older, we can certainly try to influence them.
In this episode, I share how to identify which values to teach your kids, different ways of teaching them, and the most challenging (but probably the most important) step of teaching values to your kids.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- Why teens often reject their parents’ values.
- Why it’s ok for you to be imperfect and to have values that differ from your partner/ex.
- Dos and don’ts of teaching values to your kids.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 172 – Understanding Your Values
- Pam’s Picks for books: Invisible Boy | The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes | A Bike Like Sergio’s | What If Everybody Did That? | One Smile | But It’s Not My Fault | A Sick Day for Amos McGee | Do Unto Otters | Empathy Is My Superpower!
- Character Development Lists from commonsensemedia.org
- Episode 149 – On the Same Team
- Scream Free Parenting by Hal Runkel
- Request your FREE coaching consultation with Pam HERE.
- Leave a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Subscribe to get email updates on webinars and special offers HERE.
- Follow Less Drama More Mama on Facebook and Instagram.
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast HERE.