The Masks We Wear – 012
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Do you ever worry that you’ll be exposed as a fraud when it comes to motherhood? Do you feel like everyone around you is doing a better job than you when it comes to raising kids? Do you find yourself acting one way in private and another way in public? Do you fear being “found out” that you don’t have it all together (like it appears on social media)?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you might be hiding behind a social mask.
In this episode, I discuss the reasons moms wear social masks and why these masks can be damaging to self-esteem and relationships. I talk about the benefits of vulnerability and authenticity, and how embracing them can lead to greater connection with yourself and others.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- What social masks are and some examples of common ones
- Why many moms hide behind social masks
- Two questions to ask yourself about your authenticity
- How to start becoming more aware of your social masks
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Brene Brown’s TED Talk: The Power of Vulnerability
- Books by Brene Brown
- Blog I published in 2014: Untying the Knot
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here to unmask yourself.
- Follow LDMM on Instagram!