The Problem with Praise – 067
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
No one loves your kids as much as you do.
And you want to shout from the rooftops how special and amazing they are.
You want them to feel good about themselves and proud of their accomplishments.
But too much praise can actually cause problems you might not have considered.
Tune in to today’s episode to better understand the problems with praise and how to avoid them.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- The not-so-obvious ways in which praise can backfire.
- The difference between praising ability and praising effort, which one is better, and why.
- The relationship between praise and a growth mindset.
- How to offer positive feedback in ways that strengthen intrinsic motivation.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 066 – The Problem with Rewards
- Episode 037 – Are You Raising a People Pleaser?
- Episode 065 – Disabling Your Labeling
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- What Makes a Nightmare Sports Parent — And What Makes a Great One
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes