The Problem with Rewards – 066
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Kids love them. Adults love them. How could there possibly be a problem with them?
Join me for this episode, where I share how rewards, like punishments, are not only ineffective, but counterproductive when it comes to solving behavior problems and motivating kids.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- How rewards undermine intrinsic motivation.
- Why offering rewards can bring about the very behavior you’re trying to avoid.
- How rewards can lead to a sense of entitlement in kids.
- Alternatives to offering rewards for good behavior.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 035 – Consequences with Love
- Episode 041 – Dealing with Entitlement
- Punished by Rewards by Alfie Kohn
- Raising Human Beings by Ross Greene
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes