When Your Child Lies to You – 046
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Nothing seems to upset parents more than when their child lies to them.
But since lying is a normal and natural part of child development, every parent deals with it at some point.
While you may not have control over whether or not your kids lie to you, you do have control over how you think, feel, and act when they do.
Join me in this episode as I talk about why kids lie, and how to think about lying and trust in ways that serve you and your family.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- The three most common reasons kids lie.
- The best way to get your child to tell you the truth.
- What “truth bias” is and how it prevents parents from detecting their own children's lies.
- Why your trust is not based on your child's actions.
- How to earn your child's trust so he will be more honest with you.
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- ScreamFree Parenting by Hal Runkel
- Schedule your FREE mini-session with Pam here
- Send a mama friend links to the Less Drama More Mama podcast: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- Leave a review in iTunes